Today Sean is still away at Leeds, he should be back for a meeting tomorrow and Malcolm is away to England for a few days. So today’s post is mostly about my progress. Today I started working on my Volcano. I have two versions. One with effects and one without. The reason for this is it might not be possible to export the effects over to our game and the effects may have to be made in the engine instead. Either way its good practice.
This next picture is focused on the smoke effects. However I am having some issues with it looking like its appearing from outside the Volcano, even though it’s actually coming from the Volcano. I’ve tried to make the volcano have flying debris and so far it’s working when I render the animation. I still have a lot of work to do with it and I’ll need to consult Malcolm when he’s back to make sure its perfect. At the meeting with Sean I will need to make sure the effects can carry over to the game.
I hope to have a video up soon once I talk over some issue with Malcolm, so stay tuned for more information.
Thanks for reading!