Hi there guys,
Maybe you didn’t know this, but defending your air balloon from countless nasties is pretty hard going. As a result, our beloved little monsters decided to go on vacation to relax and cool off. However, in true Grand Adventure style, they’ve managed to get themselves in a variety of sticky situations which they need help to get out of: that’s where you come in.
Were looking for as many keen eyed, fast fingered Monster Helpers as we can get to aid these little guys in their adventures; if that sounds like you, then get ready for some serious Monster Mayhem (exe, ~108mb)
Running The Game
Firstly, please note that Windows may bring up a warning, this is because it’s an Executable file, which have the potential to make changes to, and harm, your computer: ours won’t, we promise: to run the game, just click “show” and then “run anyway”
Monster Mayhem is one of three mini-games that we plan to release with the main game. While we call it a mini-game, it is similar to other full length games of its type, and boasts 14 hand crafted levels each with their own mechanics and win conditions: all 14 of them will be available for the purposes of this test.
Now, please keep in mind that the game is in Beta, and you may experience some bugs. If you do then i’ll be sad, but it means we get to iron those out before release, and that’s what we want: I love ironing! If you come across a bug or error, try to give us as much information about it as you can, including:
- A screenshot of the Bug/Error Message
- What was happening in the game at the time:
- what level was it,
- how much time was left,
- what were you doing, etc.
- Did this bug happen multiple times, or just once:
- if you get a bug, try to get it again: if we know what causes it, then we know how to stop it.
- If the bug did not result in a crash, what effect did it have on the gameplay?
Email those over to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Monster Mayhem – New Bug” in the subject line: we’ll be waiting with some industrial bug spray, ready for war!!
Now, it’s not all doom and gloom; we would also love to hear about your experience playing Monster Mayhem in general. It can be as brief or specific as you like, and you can send it over to
email@example.com with “Monster Mayhem – Tester Feedback” in the subject line:
If you’d like to give us some feedback, but don’t know what to say, don’t sweat it. We’ve got you covered. Below are just a few examples of the type of feedback we’re looking for, however this is by no means an exhaustive list: if you’ve got anything else you’d like to tell us, we want to hear that too!
- Did you have fun?
- What were your favourite/least favourite levels and why?
- How easy or difficult was the game to play overall:
- Did you know what to do without reading the text, or did you need to read it?
- Were there any levels which you thought were too difficult? If so:
- Which pet did it feature?
- What level was it in the game (it’ll tell you in the score screen)
- Did you like the visual style of the game?
- Did you like the music and sound effects in the game?
- Would you recommend this game to a friend?
Also, just so that we can get an idea of who’s playing our game, we would appreciate it if you told us your age and gender, as well as how experienced you are playing games. This is by no means required, and if you don’t wish to give us that information thats your right, and we appreciate your feedback all the same!
A Few Other Important Things
- Please remember this is beta, so things can change, feedback is of course a big factor to changes in the game.
- Even though it’s currently set up for PC, its intended for smartphones and tablets. The game will be touch based.
- Please don’t share this on other websites, unless its to promote our post rather than our game. This way people can read over our guidelines.
- If you come across a bug or complete it but want to try again you can press “R” to restart it rather than reopening it.
- Our target audience is broad, but it will be suitable for children whilst keeping adults in mind.
I’d like to thank all of you who have tested the Air Balloon mini game, as well as everyone who will test this one. Your feedback is really important to us, and we appreciate you taking the time to play our game.
Alpha Revolver Games.